Awasu Personal Edition v1.1.3 (beta) for Windows 98/Me
IMPORTANT: This is a beta release.
Some features may not be complete and the software may be unstable.
Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic computer maintenance tasks
to get this release to run.
If you have purchased the Advanced Edition and would like to use this beta,
please contact us and we'll send you
Why is there a special version for Windows 98/Me?
Awasu uses a system known as Unicode to store information which allows it
to handle feeds in any language, not just English. Unfortunately, neither
Windows 98 nor Me are able to run Unicode programs. Microsoft provide
an extension known as the Microsoft Layer For Unicode that lets Unicode
programs run on 98/Me but unfortunately this is, at best, a hack, and while
it works fine most of the time, there are some things known to have problems.
This version of Awasu has been specially modified to use the MSLU. There are
a small number of known issues but it generally works. However, if you notice
that something is not quite working properly, please let us know
and we will do our best to fix it.
IMPORTANT: This release assumes that
you have version 1.1 already installed.
- As always, exit Awasu and back up your installation first!
- Unpack this zip on top of your existing files: Awasu-PersonalEdition-v1.1.3.mslu.zip
- Run upgrade.exe (in the Awasu installation directory). This can take several minutes depending on how fast your machine is and how many channels you have but you will be told when it is done. Please be patient!
- If you like to be tidy, you can delete the ImportOpml files in the $/AppPlugins
sub-directory since this feature is now available in the main program.
Please check the release notes for 1.1.1,
1.1.2 and 1.1.3.
- Messages in the Errors page of the Channel Properties dialog do not
- Adding channels to the system tray menu can cause crashes.