To change a channel's configuration, open that channel's Properties dialog.
There are several ways to do this:
- Right-click on the channel in the My Channels window of the Control Center
and choose Properties.
- Or make sure the channel is selected in My Channels and choose Properties
from the Edit menu. Or press Alt-Enter.
- Or if the channel's window is already open and currently active, choose
Properties from the Edit menu. Or if you have them turned on,
right-click on the window's tab and choose Properties from there.
The first page allows you to control how the channel will operate:
- Automatically update this channel: Causes Awasu to regularly check
this channel for new content. Specify how frequently to check by choosing
an interval from the droplist or typing in a value e.g. "90 minutes"
or "3 days."
- Animate the system tray icon: Causes the system tray icon to be animated
whenever new content is found.
- Play a sound: Causes a sound to be played whenever new content is
found. Click on the browse button if you want to change the sound played.
Using this, you could have different channels play a different sound when
new content is found. Click on the second button to reset the sound back to
- Show me a notification balloon: Causes a notification balloon to
be shown whenever a new item is received. Clicking on this balloon will take
you directly to the new item. You can control where the balloons are shown
and for how long in the Program
- Consolidate multiple new items into a single balloon: If more than
one new item is found for the channel and this option is enabled, they will
be consolidated into a single notification balloon instead of showing one
balloon for each item.
- Content presentation: Awasu provides a great deal of control over
how feed content is presented. Default settings can be made in the Program
Options but can be overridden individually for each channel.
Here, you can configure which template file will be used to set the overall
look and feel of the channel's summary page. You can also configure which
feed items will be shown (all of them, only unread ones or only new ones)
and how they are presented (all content, a short excerpt or a plain-text
version). The Layout setting controls where the item pane will appear
within the channel's main window.
- Place items in the system tray menu:
Places the channel and its current feed items in the system tray menu. This
menu can be shown by right-clicking on the system tray icon. If you have a
lot of channels in this menu, you may want to organize them by putting some
of them in sub-menus.
- Mark all items as read on close: Turn this on to automatically mark
all feed items as read when the channel window is closed.
- Disable item revisions: Awasu usually tracks feed items that have
been published and then changed and re-published. Check this box if you don't
want to be notified about these new revisions.
- Auto-download related files: Turn this on to automatically
download any files related to feed items.