TimW

Is it possible to eliminate the internal browser

Post by TimW » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:25 pm

Hi,

After some research, I moved to Awasu recently as my previous RSS client used Java which I wanted to eliminate from my PC. Awasu seems to be great, except for one big problem.

I'd like to click on an item and have it open in my default browser (in my case Firefox), not within Awasu itself. If that option was available, it would be great.

I work around it using the "copy to clipboard" option, then pasting the link into Firefox. But it's not ideal.

Tim

support
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to eliminate the internal browser

Post by support » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:40 am

TimW wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:25 pm
I'd like to click on an item and have it open in my default browser (in my case Firefox), not within Awasu itself.
If you right-click on an item in the item pane (i.e. the short list of items) and choose Open in new window, the link will open in your default browser. You can also Shift-Click.

In the browser pane (i.e. where the channel content is), right-click on a link and choose Open in default browser.

support
Site Admin

Re: Is it possible to eliminate the internal browser

Post by support » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:57 am

I had a hunch about this and checked the code, and yes, somebody else had asked about this as well :-) It's possible to change the Shift-Click behaviour in the item pane i.e. clicking on an item will open it in your default browser, Shift-Click'ing will open it in Awasu's embedded browser.

To do this:
  • open Awasu's About box (from the Help menu)
  • go to the System tab and click on Roaming data
  • exit Awasu
  • in the Explorer window that opened earlier, find CONFIG.INI and open it in a text editor
  • find the line that says ReverseItemShiftClickBehaviour=0 and change the 0 to a 1
  • restart Awasu

Return to “Awasu - Feature Requests”