Woody_033

Multiple topic search

Post by Woody_033 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:55 pm

Hello,

I am not sure if you can do this with Awasu. At first glance, I can't seem to get it.

What I want is to be able to sort shows from different RSS feeds together.
So for example:
Talk shows;
- Conan
- Carson
- Meyers

Regular shows;
- Hudson
- Ghosts
- Charmed

Cooking; etc.

Some of the lists can be pretty long.

Any incite would be appreciated
Wøødy

support
Site Admin

Re: Multiple topic search

Post by support » Wed May 01, 2019 5:22 am

Woody_033 wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:55 pm
I am not sure if you can do this with Awasu. At first glance, I can't seem to get it.
Do you mean you want to show groups of channels together in the My Channels window? This can be done by creating folders, then putting the channels in those folders.

Or did you mean you want to combine multiple RSS feeds into a single Awasu channel? This plugin will doo that.

kevotheclone

Post by kevotheclone » Thu May 02, 2019 7:35 am

Once you create a specific folder, such as "Talk shows" and add the appropriate Channels to it; you can easily create a Channel Report that will display just the Channels in the specific folder:
  • Right click the folder and select Folders > from pop-up context menu
  • Then select New channel report from the Folders > sub-menu
  • Follow the steps in the New channel report wizard
Then when you want to see all of the Talk Shows in one view open the Report you created in the Tasks window.

Woody_033

Post by Woody_033 » Thu May 02, 2019 11:32 am

@support
I want a list of shows from multiple RSS Feeds in one location so that I can either review one by one or mark the whole list a read
@kevotheclone
Thank you for the instructions

I don't have a lot of time over the next couple of days to work on this project, but I'm hopping to get to it in short order
Cordially,
Wøødy

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu May 02, 2019 6:12 pm

Woody_033 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 11:32 am
I want a list of shows from multiple RSS Feeds in one location so that I can either review one by one or mark the whole list a read
Then you want the CombineFeeds plugin.

It's pretty easy to use - just create a new plugin channel, browse to the EXE, then enter the feed URL's you want to combine.

Woody_033

Post by Woody_033 » Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm

I must be missing something because I cannot seem to get this to work the way that I need.
Thank you for your time

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon May 06, 2019 8:28 am

Woody_033 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 8:01 pm
I must be missing something because I cannot seem to get this to work the way that I need.
What's happening? The CombineFeeds plugin takes all the feeds you specify and munges them into one big super-feed.

Woody_033

Post by Woody_033 » Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 am

I run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Awasu\AppPlugins\CombineFeeds.exe", a black box opens and closes.
Nothing else happens, it does not give me the option to combine feed
Setting up categories is a one word search like mention above, i have yet to figure out.

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Woody_033 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 am
I run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Awasu\AppPlugins\CombineFeeds.exe", a black box opens and closes.
Nothing else happens, it does not give me the option to combine feed
CombineFeeds.exe is an Awasu plugin i.e. it's not a standalone program, it's a program that is run by Awasu.

Start the Channel Wizard (File menu, New channel), select Generated by a channel plugin, browse to the CombineFeeds.exe file, click Next.

You will see a bunch of "FeedUrl" boxes - this is where you enter the URL's of the feeds you want to combine.

Go through to the end of the wizard, and you will now have a channel whose contents consists of all the feeds you entered above.
Woody_033 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 11:50 am
Setting up categories is a one word search like mention above, i have yet to figure out.
This plugin combines existing RSS feeds, it won't do things like a "one word search". If you are already subscribed to a service that does this "search for keywords" for you, take those feed URL's and configure them into the plugin, as described above.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”