Mahendra

Looking for a cusromised solution

Post by Mahendra » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:53 am

hello,

I am looking for a solution to read the RSS Feeds and update the feeds to my database. That means, I want to add news title & url to my database which would be later-on displayed on my website. I mean I want to hand-pick/approve the news from various sources before that is displayed on my website.

Is there any pluigin available for this purpose? or are there any available code modules for this purpose?

shall appreciate your resposne.

support
Site Admin

Re: Looking for a cusromised solution

Post by support » Thu Jul 08, 2004 5:55 am

Mahendra wrote:I am looking for a solution to read the RSS Feeds and update the feeds to my database. That means, I want to add news title & url to my database which would be later-on displayed on my website. I mean I want to hand-pick/approve the news from various sources before that is displayed on my website.

The easiest way to do this would probably be to use the MySQL hook that saves everything to a MySQL database. Then write a frontend that lets you browse this database, approve the items you want and transfer them into your real database.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:44 pm

I want to do exactly the same?? Any response / solution yet??

jonahviakeyboard

Post by jonahviakeyboard » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:23 am

I was doing something similar using refeed/reblog (used to selectively republish, not associated with awasu) but the interface wasn't that great.

I'd like to use the MySQL Channel Hook, and I've tried to get it to work but this is something very new to me. Am I correct in understanding that MySQL must be running locally?

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:56 pm

jonahviakeyboard wrote:Am I correct in understanding that MySQL must be running locally?

Allan (the plugin author) normally handles these kind of questions but I think he's away on holiday for a while. It certainly makes things easier if MySQL is running locally but there's probably some way to configure the plugin to connect to a remote MySQL.

abwilson

Post by abwilson » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:32 pm

MySQL can be run locally and individual users should do that; however, one of the input parameters to the hook is the IP address of the MySQL server, so as long as MySQL is available via the network the hook can use it.

Return to “Awasu - Extensions”