Dialseven

Summary page does NOT load in 2.1

Post by Dialseven » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:47 am

All my feeds update and load properly, but the summary page does not load. When I try to open it I either get a blank screen or just the icon that goes to the feed. This started happening one week after I installed Awasu. It was normal before that.

I am running 2.1 on windows XP. I tried reinstalling several times and even tried the version for 98.. nothing going.

support
Site Admin

Re: Summary page does NOT load in 2.1

Post by support » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:43 am

Dialseven wrote:All my feeds update and load properly, but the summary page does not load. When I try to open it I either get a blank screen or just the icon that goes to the feed.

It sounds like feed items are either getting automatically deleted because they're too old. Check the default archive settings in the Search tab of the Program Options.

Feed items can also get filtered out because they're too old or have already been marked as read.

Dialseven

Post by Dialseven » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:03 pm

I tried messing around with the delete and archive settings. I tried the 1 week then went back to 1 month. It hasn't changed anything.

I just recently added a new feed and the summary page is working with that one. It just seems like over time it stops working. Could it be something with the amount of space set aside to each feed? How could I change that default?

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:22 pm

Dialseven wrote:I tried messing around with the delete and archive settings. I tried the 1 week then went back to 1 month. It hasn't changed anything.

Setting the archive period to one week may have caused everything older than that to be deleted :-)

Also check if old or read items are being filtered out. This can be set for channels individually (check the channel's Properties dialog, bottom left of the first page) or the global settings (bottom left of the Display tab of the Program Options).

Given that new channels are working OK, I suspect that everything is fine, just things are getting filtered out somewhere along the line.

Dialseven

Post by Dialseven » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:16 pm

I made sure I'm not filtering anything out. Still the summary page does not load. The new feed I added the other day is now having that problem too. I tinkered with any combination of settings possilbe.

Have there been other reports of this happening?

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:21 pm

Dialseven wrote:Have there been other reports of this happening?

Nope. If you FTP space somewhere, zip up the entire Awasu installation directory and I'll take a look at it. Otherwise, just zip your CONFIG.INI file plus everything in the Channels sub-directory.

Dialseven

Post by Dialseven » Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:28 pm

How do you want me to send it? There are several P2P sharing softwares that I use if that is what you mean with FTP.

The directory, meaning zip up all the folders or do you need the registry info too?

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Fri Aug 26, 2005 3:14 pm

Dialseven wrote:How do you want me to send it? There are several P2P sharing softwares that I use if that is what you mean with FTP.

No, do you have an FTP server somewhere? Or a web site where you can upload it for me to get? A full zip is going to be too big to just email (although just CONFIG.INI and the Channels sub-directory should be small enough).

Dialseven wrote:The directory, meaning zip up all the folders or do you need the registry info too?

Just the folder. Awasu doesn't keep much in the registry and none of it's relevant for this.

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:33 pm

Thanks for sending your files through. Your Awasu is configured to only show items that were received within the last week. Anything older than that is getting filtered out.

You can change this setting by opening the Program Options dialog, going to the Display tab and changing the <i>Show the last</i> setting (bottom-left). This is the default setting that is used for all channels that don't specifically have their own setting. More info here.

This is actually the default value for this setting and probably wasn't a very wise choice on my part :oops: I'm surprised more people haven't had the same question you did. Thanks for letting us know and I'll fix things for the next release.

kyodylee

Post by kyodylee » Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:13 am

support wrote:This is actually the default value for this setting and probably wasn't a very wise choice on my part :oops: I'm surprised more people haven't had the same question you did. Thanks for letting us know and I'll fix things for the next release.

Actually, I have had the same question too, but just haven't had the chance to come by here in awhile. I also didn't know that this setting could be changed for a longer period of time. My Awasu looked very blank and lonely on some pages that just don't update all that frequently.

So thanks for posting the solution here for me to find. I'll bet others have seen it too. Your hard work does not go for naught, Taka, even if we are remiss in telling you so sometimes.

Thanks again for all your help and support. :)

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”