rlmrdl

Behaviours and UI in 2.1.3

Post by rlmrdl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:45 am

I've noticed that when I open a feed and select the first item, awasu intermittently resizes itself to the shared instead of the full view window.

When opening a feed the whole window is occsionally going empty then taking a long time to redraw.

The Main/Productivity bar on the right is great, and nicely fits in the wide laptop screen and I want to keep it but a couple of suggestions.

It defaults to "main" when I re-launch awasu, it would be good to have it persist with whatever it was last time.

To recover a bit of real estate I would be good to be able to resize the text in the Control Centre column to the same as in the Tasks one. Then I could make it narrower and leave more room in the middle.

An option might be to allow the open channel feed items to occupy the control centre area rather than the top pane with the Control centre Auto-hiding as it does so. Ctrl+Tab would then rotate the open feeds into that space and leave the full height available for the item.

Oh, and I'd love to ditch iPodder and manage my Podcasts in Awasu, but I can't figure out how yet. Any instructions for that anywhere?

Otherwise, cool so far.

support
Site Admin

Re: Behaviours and UI in 2.1.3

Post by support » Wed Aug 24, 2005 8:37 am

rlmrdl wrote:I've noticed that when I open a feed and select the first item, awasu intermittently resizes itself to the shared instead of the full view window.

This is a known issue and I'm still trying to track it down.

rlmrdl wrote:When opening a feed the whole window is occsionally going empty then taking a long time to redraw.

Also a known issue. I think the problem is that Awasu is hitting the disk too hard, something that Windows doesn't handle too well.

rlmrdl wrote:It defaults to "main" when I re-launch awasu, it would be good to have it persist with whatever it was last time.

Um, it should. Are you shutting down Awasu cleanly?

rlmrdl wrote:To recover a bit of real estate I would be good to be able to resize the text in the Control Centre column to the same as in the Tasks one. Then I could make it narrower and leave more room in the middle.

You can change all of this kind of stuff in the Fonts page of the Program Options dialog.

rlmrdl wrote:An option might be to allow the open channel feed items to occupy the control centre area rather than the top pane with the Control centre Auto-hiding as it does so. Ctrl+Tab would then rotate the open feeds into that space and leave the full height available for the item.

I don't quite see what you mean. Open feed items in the Control Center?

rlmrdl wrote:Oh, and I'd love to ditch iPodder and manage my Podcasts in Awasu, but I can't figure out how yet. Any instructions for that anywhere?

What exactly do you mean by "manage" your podcasts? The current alpha keeps track of what's been downloaded, what you've already listened to, etc. We're also talking with another company that produces a dedicated download manager about integrating with Awasu so if you have feature requests, now's the time to get them in... :whip:

rlmrdl

Some replies

Post by rlmrdl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:32 am

Thanks for most of this. meanwhile

It defaults to "main" when I re-launch awasu, it would be good to have it persist with whatever it was last time.

Um, it should. Are you shutting down Awasu cleanly?

I assume you mean it shouldn't. I mostly do, it runs from startup to close down most days. It seems to shut down OK

rlmrdl wrote:
An option might be to allow the open channel feed items to occupy the control centre area rather than the top pane with the Control centre Auto-hiding as it does so. Ctrl+Tab would then rotate the open feeds into that space and leave the full height available for the item.

I don't quite see what you mean. Open feed items in the Control Center?

Sort of. Control centre would autohide and the feed item pane would run down the left side, rotating among open feeds using alt+tab and i you want to open a new feed just hover over the CC tab on the side.

What exactly do you mean by "manage" your podcasts? The current alpha keeps track of what's been downloaded, what you've already listened to, etc.

Even keeping track is not obvious. Wher do I find the download, played list?

Cheers

support
Site Admin

Re: Some replies

Post by support » Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:40 am

rlmrdl wrote:I assume you mean it shouldn't.

Actually, no I meant it should :-). Mine preserves the current page in the Task Pane across sessions OK.

rlmrdl wrote:Control centre would autohide and the feed item pane would run down the left side, rotating among open feeds using alt+tab and i you want to open a new feed just hover over the CC tab on the side.

You can more or less do this now. Configure the Control Centre to auto-hide. Configure item panes to appear down the left side of the channel windows. Use Ctrl-TAB to cycle through open browser windows.

rlmrdl wrote:Even keeping track is not obvious. Wher do I find the download, played list?

View|Downloaded files (files that have been played are removed from the window).

rlmrdl

Almost Bingo

Post by rlmrdl » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:36 pm

Thanks for all that, only one left.

The downloaded files pane remains resolutely empty. Enclosures are coming down OK because they launch immediately, but not being listed in the downloads pane.

I'll find out about the persistence thing in the morning no doubt.

Cheers

support
Site Admin

Re: Almost Bingo

Post by support » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:10 pm

rlmrdl wrote:The downloaded files pane remains resolutely empty. Enclosures are coming down OK because they launch immediately, but not being listed in the downloads pane.

What do you mean by "launch immediately"? If you click on the link to the enclosure in the channel browser pane, it removes the file from the Downloaded Files window :-)

Also, what kind of file extensions do they have? Awasu tries to be a little careful about what it presents you with (MP3's should be fine).

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”