rlmrdl

Channel Update in 2.1.3

Post by rlmrdl » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:08 am

I have added an item to the Furl archive and updated the Furl feed and the channel updates as expected. The I have changed the Furl item (ading content to the comments feed which is then usually viusible in Awasu), then updated the feed again but the feed item doesn't change in Awasu.

eg origianl Furl item
Title: Tornado wreaks havoc in suburbs of Birmingham
Published: Fri Jul 29 22:26

But after updating the comments field to include text (not in the original) the actual item looks like this

Title: Tornado wreaks havoc in suburbs of Birmingham comment
Comments: Roofs were ripped off houses, cars hurled across roads and trees uprooted after a tornado struck high street shops and suburban streets in Birmingham yesterday, injuring at least 12 people.
Rows of houses were left with gaping windows as the twister turned the sky a dull brown, tore Victorian turrets off a primary school, and littered the area with glass, bricks, furniture and everything from shoes to fruit, torn from shop displays.

After updating the feed, the old item is still appearing unchanged and with the old date.

Awasu is collecting any new items and the + sign is showing on more recent feeds whose comment fields I have updated.

Is it just a cutoff date thing? And how do I tell Awasu to update more than a couple of days back?

rlmrdl

Same Problem with Meta Channel

Post by rlmrdl » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:27 am

Hi taka,

I just created a metachannel using a workpad and had a similar problem.

The metachannel picks up the feed fine the first time, but if i add items to the workpad, then regenerate the rss report, the new items are not being added to the metachannel when i update the feed.

??

Cheers

support
Site Admin

Re: Same Problem with Meta Channel

Post by support » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:58 am

OK, this is what you need to do in both cases.

For the channel in question, do a Edit|Show last feed to see the last XML feed. Take a copy of it and save it in a file. Make a change in Furl or your workpad, update the channel and take a copy of the XML feed again. In other words, I need a copy of the XML feed before and after the change you make that you think should be causing the feed to change.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”