Uniwares

"MSDN Just Published" troublesome feed

Post by Uniwares » Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:19 pm

http://msdn.microsoft.com/rss.xml

This feed gives me some troubles:
1) consolidation of this feed results in a ballon that covers my whole screen (1200x1024) and exceeds still the bottom border :D
2) Awasu seems to see the whole feed again and again as new items. With every update it shows ALL items as new (every 3 hours my screen is covered by a big, fat, yellow balloon).
3) the "new items list" expands itself to maximum size, thus hiding the webbrowser view (well, there is a tiny splitter down there, if you know it has to be there)

support
Site Admin

Re: "MSDN Just Published" troublesome feed

Post by support » Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:26 pm

This is totally bizarre! Is it only this feed? I've subscribed to it myself and it's fine.

If it is, maybe try deleting the feed and re-creating it. If the problem persists, please send me the following files:

- after an update, choose Edit, View Last Feed for the channel and send me a copy of the file.
- also send the channel's config file in the Channel sub-directory (it will be called something similar to the feed URL).
- also send the CONFIG.INI in your Users sub-directory.

I will need a few sets of these files to try figure out why Awasu is seeing all new items as new.

Also, what version are you running?

Uniwares

Post by Uniwares » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:29 pm

support wrote:This is totally bizarre! Is it only this feed? I've subscribed to it myself and it's fine. ... Also, what version are you running?

So far its the only feed. But its also the only feed which is really huge (50+ items).

I've sent you my config two days ago (tray animation?), but I can send it again.

Currently I'm running 1.0.2.

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:39 pm

Uniwares wrote:So far its the only feed. But its also the only feed which is really huge (50+ items).

There is a channel option where you can limit the number of items in the feed. You might want to give that ago.

Uniwares wrote:I've sent you my config two days ago (tray animation?), but I can send it again.

I've still got it (no, really!) but please send it through again anyway.

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:55 pm

I must be working too hard :-( - I didn't grok your question properly

Uniwares wrote:1) consolidation of this feed results in a ballon that covers my whole screen (1200x1024) and exceeds still the bottom border :D

Yep, I've just confirmed this. I'll limit the # items in a balloon if consolidation is turned on. You can turn consolidation off for the moment, or disable balloons altogether for this channel.

Uniwares wrote:2) Awasu seems to see the whole feed again and again as new items. With every update it shows ALL items as new (every 3 hours my screen is covered by a big, fat, yellow balloon).

This is a genuine problem. I'll take a look at your config and feed files when they come through and try to see what's happening.

Uniwares wrote:3) the "new items list" expands itself to maximum size, thus hiding the webbrowser view (well, there is a tiny splitter down there, if you know it has to be there)

There is a program option that controls how much space the item pane is allowed to take. You may have this set to "unlimited."

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”