Eddy

Feeding other channels stops after error on one server

Post by Eddy » Fri May 13, 2005 8:12 am

Hi,

In 2.1.1 the feeding stops of all the other channels when a feed can't be done due to a server error (server name could not be resolved).

Eddy

support
Site Admin

Re: Feeding other channels stops after error on one server

Post by support » Fri May 13, 2005 8:21 am

Eddy wrote:In 2.1.1 the feeding stops of all the other channels when a feed can't be done due to a server error (server name could not be resolved).

"Server name could not be resolved" is usually caused by some problem with your internet connection (or a DNS problem at your ISP) which might explain why the other channels are also not updating.

How can you tell the other channels are not updating? Are you talking about automatic updating or do manual updates also not work?

Eddy

it is automatic updating

Post by Eddy » Fri May 13, 2005 8:28 am

I've set the automatic reading to 10 mins, since there a couple of channels which are very busy. Well I got this error several time and the busy channels weren't updated.

support
Site Admin

Re: it is automatic updating

Post by support » Fri May 13, 2005 8:50 am

Eddy wrote:Well I got this error several time and the busy channels weren't updated.

If a channel gets 3 update errors in a row, they go into "error mode" and are flagged with a red exclamation mark in My Channels. They then only update once every 6 hours until they update succesfully.

If this isn't it, can you update the channels manually?

Eddy

I'm talking about the others

Post by Eddy » Fri May 13, 2005 8:59 am

It seems that the problem doesn't happen three times in a row and keeps blocking the feed of others which don't give problems.

support
Site Admin

Re: I'm talking about the others

Post by support » Fri May 13, 2005 9:06 am

Can you update the other channels manually?

Also, open the Activity Log (View|Activity Log) and you will see exactly what Awasu is doing.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”