rammedout

100% CPU usage

Post by rammedout » Thu Feb 10, 2005 11:23 pm

On home laptop, no problems with the latest release of Awasu 2.1 Personal Edition. At work, however, every time it goes to update channels, CPU usage goes to 100% and the process hangs. It isn't just on the initial update, it happens every time, and I have to use task manager to kill it, though it leaves the process running and that has to be manually stopped also. I am using a P4 2.3Ghz on Win XP, with a broadband internet connection. I had 256MB of RAM...added another 256, still same problem. I have read all related posts pertaining to 100% CPU usage, but they all seem to be relatively old, and I tried everything they mentioned. Are there any issues with the current release that would cause this problem? I love your program, but can't use it at work under the present circumstances.

Note: I have attempted to install the patch (2.1a), but it would not install.

support
Site Admin

Re: 100% CPU usage

Post by support » Fri Feb 11, 2005 12:07 am

rammedout wrote:Note: I have attempted to install the patch (2.1a), but it would not install.

What happened when you tried to install it? It's just a ZIP with one file so there shouldn't really be any problem.

rammedout

Post by rammedout » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:34 am

It told me it was unable to install...I believe it said a file was missing. I will try again and note the exact verbiage.

rammedout

Post by rammedout » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:37 am

Tried at home (even though not needed here)...same error message: "Unable to locate Component". "This application has failed to start because BCGCBPRO671u.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

rammedout

Post by rammedout » Fri Feb 11, 2005 5:47 pm

Disregard...it's fixed. I failed to install the patch in the Awasu directory the first time. Now problem is gone.

MikeW

Post by MikeW » Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:07 pm

I also experience this issue from time to time with 2.1.3. When updating channels CPU usage rises to 100% for around a minute.

I have 26 feeds and a dialup connection. Perhaps high cpu usage may be caused by awasu waiting for content to download?

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:10 am

The patch is included in 2.1.3 so if you're seeing high CPU usage, it's something else. Does it happen only just after starting Awasu or do you see it after it's been running for a while as well? How fast a CPU do you have (and disk as well, if you know)?

Or maybe you've got some big reports configured to run in the background. These can be pretty hard on the CPU. You can check the Activity Log to see if anything like this is happening.

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”