Post Reply

Problems with Polish feeds

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:25 am

Thank you for the program. Unfortunately, I noticed that I cannot download and read Polish RSS chanels. Is it a bug? RSS Bandit reads them without any problems.

User avatar
Site Admin
Posts: 3029
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Problems with Polish feeds

Post by support » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:27 am

Anonymous wrote:Unfortunately, I noticed that I cannot download and read Polish RSS chanels.

What exactly happens? Post the feed URL's here and I'll take a look.

It's almost certainly an encoding issue - you might want to check this out.


you are right

Post by P.Sperling » Sun Nov 28, 2004 12:20 am

It is exactly the problem you mentioned. Awasu reports: XML parse failed (18:L1/C30): unknown encoding in e.g. or

I will check it in the morning. Thx 4 your help.

Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2003 12:36 am
Location: San Francisco, CA -- USA

Post by abwilson » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:55 am

It looks like the Website is saying the page encoding is ISO-8859-2 ("Central European"). However, the XML/RSS encoding is not specified, which I believe defaults to UTF-8 -- what Awasu is expecting. Probably some of the ISO-8859-2 characters are not really UTF-8, so Awasu complains.

Sites generating feeds should be explicit -- they should specify the correct XML/RSS encoding (and of course make sure the characters match that encoding).


Post Reply

Return to “Awasu - Bug Reports”