jonahviakeyboard

Validation Error: 403, But Works w/ Other Readers

Post by jonahviakeyboard » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:19 am

I'm trying to add a feed and getting some trouble.

When adding the feed, I got a little warning that of a 403 forbidden error but was allowed to continue. When Awasu tries to update, it returns a 403 error, and there is no update.

I went to validate the feed, and feedvalidator.org gave the same error: 403 forbidden.

However, the feed works fine in Google Reader and My.Yahoo. In the help section http://www.awasu.com/help/ChannelFeedErrors/ I did contact the publisher, but the help section also mentioned, "It is also possible to work around some cases by writing a simple plugin that fixes the problem before it is fed into Awasu. Check the forums for more details." I look in the forum and searched the for '403' but didn't find the answer.

Anyone know of a Awasu plugin or workaroud that fixes a feed with a 403 error that works in other readers?

Many thanks.

support
Site Admin

Re: Validation Error: 403, But Works w/ Other Readers

Post by support » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:38 am

If it's forbidden, it's forbidden :-) If it's working in other readers, it's probably because the feed publisher is only allowing certain programs to download the feed.

What's the feed URL and I'll take a look.

jonahviakeyboard

Post by jonahviakeyboard » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:44 am

It seems to be any search results feed from BlogPulse. For example:

http://www.blogpulse.com/rss?query=test ... erator=and

Thanks for the help.

support
Site Admin

Post by support » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:58 am

jonahviakeyboard wrote:It seems to be any search results feed from BlogPulse.

Ah yes, I've had this as well. For some reason, BlogPulse is denying certain programs from accessing their feeds. You'll have to ask them why.

In the mean time, you might want to try using a proxy. If you don't know how to do this, keep an eye on this thread - I'll try to update it when I get a chance.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”