IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and there will probably be bugs!
You must be already running 3.1.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- Run admin.exe to upgrade your database (this will be quick).
- If you had previously configured Awasu to update the search index during blackout times, or overnight (for performance reasons), it is recommended that you change it to use the new update algorithm:
- Open the Program Options, go to the Archive Page, enable "Restrict search index updates" and choose "When channels are not updating".
Search engine changes
- Added an option to update the search index only when Awasu is idle.
- Optimized how the search index gets updated.
- Optimized post-processing of search results.
- Search channels now defer updating until after the search index has been updated.
- Improved UI responsiveness when adding, updating or deleting search agents when Awasu is under load.
- Fixed pagination of search results.
- Fixed the links to move backwards and forwards through search results when the search query contains special characters.
- Fixed a crash if searches are run in rapid succession.
- Fixed a possible crash if a search was run while the search index was being updated.
- Numerous optimizations to the shutdown process, to make it quicker and more responsive.
- Fixed several possible crashes during shutdown.