IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and there will probably be bugs!
You must be already running 3.0.2.alpha2.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- Run admin.exe to upgrade your database (this will be quick).
NOTE: After this upgrade, Awasu will forget which items are new.
- The Channel Wizard no longer hangs the UI if the initial update of the new channel takes some time.
- Extremely large images in feeds are now adjusted to be a more sensible size.
- Large channel images are resized smaller.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the incorrect URL to sometimes be shown in the browser navbar.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing normal typing in the browser navbar.
- Fixed the animation in the "operation in progress" dialog.
- Standardized the way date/time values are inserted into templates.
The following parameters are now recognized (and can be overridden in the Program Options):
- DATE_FORMAT (default "%Y-%m-%d")
- DATEA_FORMAT (default "%d %b %Y")
- TIME_FORMAT (default ""%H:%M"")
- TIMES_FORMAT (default "%H:%M:%S")
The following parameters are synthesized from the above parameters:
- Added the ability to format byte counts in templates.
- Added a new jsonval encoding type (this inserts a JSON value, with quotes if necessary).
- New plugin channels are now assigned a GUID before the plugin is first run.
- The channel's .CHANNEL file is now flushed to disk before the plugin is run (in case the plugin needs to read it).
- New plugin channels now re-use the already-downloaded feed after the Channel Wizard finishes (instead of getting it again).
- Plugin channels are now notified if they are being run by the Channel Wizard for a new channel.
This is an optimization for plugins that take a long time to run. Since the Channel Wizard only needs basic information about the channel (e.g. its name, home URL, etc.), the plugin can just return this, instead of generating the entire feed.