IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release. Some features are not
complete and you will find bugs!
You must be already running 2.1 or 2.1.1.alpha1. To install:
- Read the release notes below first!
- If you haven't done so already, backup your Awasu installation directory
and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
This release will expire on 31st May 2005.
NOTE: There has been some refactoring of the code that controls
which channels get shown (and in which folders) with respect to what channel
filter is active so please keep an eye out for any odd behaviour.
Added a toolbar to My Channels. This lets you know what the currently active
channel filter is and quickly change it (handy for those lesser-used filters
that you haven't assigned a hotkey to).
Right-click on it to get a context menu for some folder-related commands.
There is also a button to open the Organize Channel Filters dialog.
If you would like the toolbar at the bottom of My Channels, set MyChannelsToolbarPos=1
in CONFIG.INI (or MyChannelsToolbarPos=2 to hide it).
- As you can also see in the screenshot, there is now an option to hide empty folders.
- There is now an option to show how many channels are in each folder.
This can be turned on in the Display tab of the Program Options dialog:
Show how many channels are in each My Channels folder.
- The order of folders can now be changed. In the last release, I asked for ideas
on the best way to handle this in the UI and several people suggested that Awasu do things
the same way Internet Explorer does in its Organize Favorites dialog. I had a close look
at how IE does it and decided that it required too much fine control of the mouse
i.e. if your hand-eye co-ordination isn't too good or you suffer a physical disability
such as RSI or even are just using a mousepad on a laptop, it was going to be hard
So I tried something different (feedback is welcome). A folder is divided into
three zones and where a folder ends up depends on where exactly you drag it to
within the target folder. The cursor changes if you are dragging a folder before
or after another folder.
- My Channels no longer shows a horizontal scrollbar. I tried long and hard
to get it to show automatically when appropriate but Windows works very hard
make it difficult to do and I eventually gave up. If there's rioting in the streets
because there's no scrollbar, I may re-visit this one :-| It should only
be an issue if you have a deep hierarchy of folders, which probably isn't going
to happen often.
- A drag operation can now be cancelled by pressing Escape.
- Fixed a bug that was causing filters that had Show non-matching channels instead
set to show no channels at all.
- Awasu now lets you automatically delete any channel filters that are affected
by a folder being deleted (before, it just told you about them but you had to delete
- Other bug fixes relating to My Channels folders.