Awasu Personal Edition v1.0.5 (beta)
UPDATE: This beta has expired.
Please check the releases page for information about the latest releases.
IMPORTANT: This is a beta
release. Some features may not be complete and the software may be unstable.
Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic computer maintenance
tasks to get this release to run.
Please read these installation instructions carefully. It's not going
to work properly if you don't!
- If you are running Awasu 1.0 (i.e. have not installed any of the subsequent
betas), you must unpack this zip to
the Awasu installation directory.
- Make sure that Awasu is not running. It may take a while for it to
finish even after the main window has closed so use Task Manager to
determine when it has really exited.
- Backup your installation before proceeding e.g. C:\Program Files\Awasu.
- Unpack the following zip to the installation directory: Awasu-1.0.5.zip
I've been flat out doing a lot of work over the past few weeks but it's all
been under the hood which is why the list below is a bit shorter than
usual. No, really!
- Added support for secure feeds (basic authentication).
- Added support for proxy (basic) authentication.
- Added new menu item images and toolbar buttons for the new features
added in the recent beta releases.
- Added more options for where notification balloons should appear on
screen. Thanks to Ben and Lisa for the suggestion.
- Added checks for some common mistakes when configuring channel reports.
Thanks to Earl Mardle for pointing these out.
Bug fixes and minor changes
- Don't bring the main window to the front when exiting if the confirmation
dialog is disabled. Thanks to Allan Wilson for the suggestion.
- Don't allow a second Channel Wizard to start if one is already running.